- Connect the FLS (fuel level sensor) to monitoring device through the RS-232/RS-485 interface (via LLS protocol);
- Perform the FLS calibration in accordance with the manufacturer's instructions;
- Connect power from the on-board network to the monitoring device;
- Configure the device and the cloud monitoring service (WIALON or any other, including your own);
- Now you can receive and process more accurate fuel level data on a cloud server than can be obtained from the CAN bus, keep more accurate statistics on fuel consumption and derive patterns, respond in time to cases of fuel theft.
Monitoring of agricultural machinery placement and an enhanced fuel control
To implement the solution, you will need any of the devices with RS-232 or RS-485 interface. The devices have difference in additional functions, for example, the MT-25 device has voice support, and in the devices of the MT X CAN series a CAN-bus scanner is implemented to conveniently search for the necessary parameters for monitoring. When you have decided on the device, you must perform the following steps: